Saturday, August 04, 2007

FSA grand prix rev 2

 


Last weekend we went to Seattle for the FSA grand prix. After getting fourth both in the pursuit and in the kilo at AVC, I wanted some podium action---and podium action I got. This was a qualifying event for nationals, so few people wanted to take on a nonamerican for the team pursuit as this is a good event to qualify during as there is not that hard competition. This bummed me out, but the individual pursuit went ok with a new PR time that put me in fifth (the margin for the fourth spot was .005 seconds, but such is the nature of racing). I did the team sprint with a team mate, and Steven Beardsley who I raced the six day with last year. We did not have a technically perfect race by any means, but the time was good enough for a third place and some cash. Later that night Amelia set a new personal record with a great 500m.

Last year the kilo at FSA ended up being a very good ride for me. True to form, the same happened this year. I set a very fast time, that only Matt Chater (Canadian national team) could best. Great! More money, flowers and podium. After this we called it a day and headed into Seattle to get some R&R. Hopefully I'll be able to keep building on my current form, which would be very good for my final event of the year in a few weeks. The season is starting to feel a bit long though (I can only imagine what those that will do nationals feel like, it is end of October :)).

My rides would have qualified my for nationals in both sprint and endurance events; just like last year I will not be able to go due to not having American Citizenship. Maybe next year!
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home