Friday, May 12, 2006

Our first kilos, 500s and pursuits

Track racing season is offically upon us. I and Amelia are now spending a miniumum of four evenings a week at the velodrome. The first events of the year are always timed events. Last week we did the kilo and the 500. These races are about as uncomplicated events as they come: Go like a maniac from the start and try to hang on for dear life as your body shuts down. Surprisingly, I came in fourth out of seventy people even though I am not a sprinter, and Amelia beat out a bunch of men. This week we did the 3k and 2k pursuit, where you chase a rider for 8 or 11 laps and try to get the best time. These events are way trickier than the kilo, as they are all about pacing: If you overdo the first laps, you will pay dearly at the end. However, if you don't go hard enough, you won't be able to recover later either. I put in a time that put in me in third position overall, which means that I actually won some money! Sweet! Our bikes are finally paying for themselves. I am very happy with my time, as I have never done a pursuit before. Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home