Monday, April 11, 2005

Alleycat


The other week I participated in an alleycat arranged by Morrispost. For those of you that don't know, an alleycat is a bike messenger race where you race in traffic, often at night. The challenging part is that you do not know where you are going before the race. You are given a set of checkpoints at the start (given as street addresses only), and you have to visit them in any order as fast as you possibly can.

Here our bikes are stacked up against a wall before the start. (Note the tallbike). I ended up coming in fifth out of fifteen people which I felt good about---it was my first alleycat, and everyone that got in before me messengered so their job security depends on having a very good sense of addresses in the downtown area.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home