Friday, September 16, 2005

My first madison

Last night I did my first madison race, after having been out to practice hand slings twice. The race is really really fun---you can keep a very high pace as you race for about two laps, and then have 30 seconds or so of rest before you are going to relieve your team mate. I got paired up with Doug Beardsley, a cat 2. fast rider. It was really nice to do exchanges with a more experienced rider as you can put more power into it. The race was 90 laps, approximatively half an hour, and we ended up lapping everyone else three times. We got 20 bucks each for prize money! When you are riding below cat 1/2 as I have been all season, you are racing for the honour only, so I was surprised when Candy put the envelope in my hand. My first race schwag!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home